We place great value on our contact with you as parents and this is why we aim to keep you well informed about events, our student guidance programme (for example, university applications and preparation), as well as academic progress.
We hope that all parents will wish to be in close communication with us throughout the two years. You will receive updates on the tutorial programme and information about forthcoming events. We are happy to receive your calls, emails, letters or visits too.
Year 12 programme
It is very important for us to get to know our students as quickly as possible. This is why we hold a June induction event before you join Year 12 to allow students to get to know each other, some of their teachers and their tutors.
- Late summer before joining: at the end of our June induction day for incoming Year 12 students, parents are invited to meet with the Head and other senior staff
- Mid autumn term: parents' consultation evening with the tutor who will collate subject information in advance
- End of autumn term: report on academic progress
- Mid spring term: parents’ evening on academic and general progress including comments from your daughter or son's tutor - this will include an indicative grade for likely final A Level or IB performance based on the information we hold to that date (this is not the final grade prediction for universities)
- End of summer term: academic report with end of year internal examination results which will include grade predictions for university based on the information we hold up to this point - students who are not ‘early applicants’ (Oxbridge and Medics, Vets, Dentists) will have more time to enhance these grades if necessary in the Autumn Term of Year 13
Year 13 programme
- Mid autumn term: parents' consultations
- Mid spring term: IB reports including mock results
- End of spring term: A Level reports, including predicted grades
- End of summer term: valedictory cards
University application advice
There is a large section of tailored advice for parents written by our guidance staff on this website, updated annually. We also hold an evening information event for students and parents, during which various details of university application are presented.
In the past, we've been delighted to host question and answer sessions and events with academics from a wide range of leading universities, including Bath, Cambridge, Nottingham, Imperial College, Oxford, University College London (UCL), Harvard, California, Los Angeles, Princeton and Maastricht.