Every potential student will have a general interview which includes a critical thinking exercise. Students will be asked to read a piece and examine the logic, consistency and persuasiveness of the arguments on either side of a debate.
An offer of a place at the sixth form will be conditional on achieving a satisfactory school reference and the required results at GCSE or equivalent. Our offers are tailored to the individual applicant but, as a guide, we would require a minimum of 50 points for the eight best (I)GCSE results. Points will be calculated from the new 9 - 1 grading system or using the conversion table below. We require at least 7 points in any subject that they intend to study in the Sixth Form where that subject is already being studied at (I)GCSE. For Higher Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics we require at least 8 points (A* on the old system).
If a student wishes to study Further Maths or Modern Languages at A Level or Higher Level Maths or Modern Languages in the International Baccalaureate Diploma, they will be asked to sit an aptitude test in the subject followed by a discussion with the head of department.
Offers are based on the subject choices declared on the application form. Should students later decide to alter the choice of subjects, this will be subject to availability and further aptitude tests may be necessary.
A* - 8.5 Points
A - 7 Points
B - 5.5 Points
C - 4 Points
D - 3 Points
E - 2 Points
- Sixth Form Open Evening: Monday October 14 2019 - 18.30-21.00
- Deadline for registrations to be received, including Scholarship application(s): Monday 4th November 2019
- Academic Scholarship, Entrance & International Entrance Testing Day: Saturday 23 November 2019
- Sport, Drama, Music and Art Scholarship interviews: 18 - 22 November 2019
- Offers are made: Friday 13 December 2019 (latest)
- Offers to be accepted: Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 2pm
Register for a place
To register for a place at the Stephen Perse Sixth Form please click the link below.
Have other questions?
See our Admissions FAQ for further information.
For any other enquiries please contact our admissions team at email@example.com or call 01223 454762